Last Updated: October 17, 2022
2. Our Services
3. Information Collected
At Gather, we collect personally identifiable information (“PII”) and non-personally identifiable (“Non-PII”) information from you. Personally identifiable information is information that can be used to identify you personally. Non-personally identifiable information is information that must be combined with other information to identify you personally. When you access or use the Services or otherwise interact with Gather, whether as a Customer, End User, or other individual, we may collect (either directly or indirectly) certain categories of personal information about you from a variety of sources.
- Contact information (phone number, email address, name, etc.)
- Payment-related details (credit card details, billing address, etc.)
- Account information username, password, etc.)
- Communications (questions, posts, etc.)
- Technical information (browser type, IP address, cookies, operating system, etc.)
- Usage information (pages visited, search terms entered, frequency of visits, etc.)
- End User funeral contributions, including Remember Page photo data, as well as data entered in obituaries, posts and comments
We implement Google Analytics to collect and analyze information about use of the website and to help us understand activities and trends, this includes use of Google Analytics performance reports relating to demographics and interests. As part of this service, we share a unique identifier with Google Analytics. You may opt-out of Google Analytics. To do so, install a Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on available for download here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Finally, we may collect personal information pursuant to a legal or contractual requirement, and failure to provide such information may impact our ability to fulfill our obligations.
4. Use of Your Information
We may use the personal information that we collect for the following purposes:
- Administering Your Account: Including providing you with access to our Services, improving those Services, answering any questions or troubleshooting problems, and sending administrative communications.
- Business Development: We may use your feedback and information collected to improve on our Services, and for general business development.
- Security and Privacy: Your information may be used to help protect the security of our Services, for internal audits and investigations, for data security testing, and to prevent improper use or unauthorized conduct involving our Customers, employees, business assets or any of our products.
- Marketing Purposes: Your information may be used to send you relevant promotional materials about new services or products we are offering. We may also use your personal information for our marketing materials, however we will ask specific permission from you before doing so.
- Corporate Transactions: We may use your personal information in the event of a merger, acquisition, reorganization, asset sale, or when seeking additional investors for the business. Your personal information may also be used in the event of a bankruptcy.
5. Accessing, Editing, and Removing Your Information
You will be able to access any information contained in your account through our Platform. You may edit that information by removing or changing the information listed in your account. If you have any questions or wish to review, change, or access any of your information collected by us, please contact us at email@example.com. Additionally, if you wish to opt out of our data collection practices or would like us to remove any of your information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. After you have canceled your account please be aware that we may keep inaccessible copies of your information subject to our data retention policies.
6. How Long We Keep Your Information
We may keep personal information for as long as necessary to continue providing Services, to operate the business, allow us to communicate with you, for troubleshooting purposes, for research and development of future Services, or to satisfy any legal or contractual obligations. When possible or when required, we will anonymize or dispose of any information collected when it is no longer necessary to serve one of the purposes listed above.
7. Cookies and Tracking
We use Google Analytics to help us understand how users interact with our Services by identifying activities and trends on our sites. Your information may be collected and shared with Google via a unique identifier as part of this practice. You can choose to opt-out of Google Analytics by following the directions here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
8. Third Party Access to Your Information
In certain circumstances we may share your person information with third parties, including the following:
- With Service Providers: We may disclose your information to third party vendors who provide services on our behalf, including, but not limited, to payment processing, email service providers, website development and hosting, ecommerce and marketing, vendors providing funeral-related items such as flowers or memorial items, and data analytics. Your information may also be disclosed to our insurance providers, accountants, attorneys, or other professional advisors.
- With Affiliates: Your information may be disclosed, shared, or transferred to other business entities or group companies that we own and control.
- In Marketing Materials, Blogs, Social Media Posts, and Testimonials: We may choose to share your personal information, such as your business name, in our advertising, testimonials, blog posts, and other related marketing materials. Additionally, if you choose to post any information in a public forum (i.e. social media posts), your information may be visible to the general public.
- In a Business Transaction: In the event that Gather, or any portion of our assets, are purchased, merged with, transferred to, or invested in by another company, your information may be disclosed to relevant third parties involved in those business transactions. Your information may also be shared as necessary in the unlikely event of a bankruptcy.
- To Protect Our Rights: Gather reserves the right to disclose your information if required to do so by law or to prevent unlawful activity, to comply with law enforcement agencies, or to protect the Company from unlawful activity or violation of our policies.
9. Law Enforcement
10. Opt Out of Commercial, Non-Commercial Communications and Do Not Track
If you decide to provide us with your contact information, you agree that we may send you communications via text and emails. However, you may unsubscribe from certain communications by notifying Gather that you no longer wish to receive these communications, we will endeavor to promptly remove you from our system once we have received that request. We currently do not offer functionality for you to opt out through “do not track” listings. If you wish to opt out of certain communications or information collection, please contact us at email@example.com.
11. Third Parties
Gather or other users may post links to third party websites on Platform, which may include information that we have no control over. When accessing a third party site through our Platform, you acknowledge that you are aware that these third party websites are not screened for privacy or security issues by us, and you release us from any liability for the conduct of these third party websites.
12. Security Measures
We help protect your information from unauthorized access or use by utilizing reasonable and adequate technology safeguards, as well as administrative, physical security, and confidentiality measures designed to keep your information secure. Any third party service providers acting on our behalf or with whom your personal information may be shared are also required to use security and confidentiality measures in accordance with industry standards.
However, as this is the Internet, we can make no guarantees as to the security or privacy of your information. For this reason, we recommend that you use anti-virus software, routine credit checks, firewalls, and other precautions to protect yourself from security and privacy threats.
13. Your California Privacy Rights
If you are a California resident, you are entitled to the following rights regarding your personal information:
- The right to know if your personal information is being collected, shared, or sold, including what information is being disclosed and to whom.
- The right to request your personal information be deleted.
- You have the right to opt-out of the sale of your personal information at any time. Gather does not currently sell any of your personal information.
- The right to access your own personal information
- The right to equal service and treatment, and to not be discriminated against for exercising these privacy rights.
- Please contact us at the number below if you would like to exercise your rights to have your personal information. You may need to provide additional personal information for the purposes of identifying you and verifying your identity.
14. Children’s Policy and Age Compliance
Gather does not knowingly collect or maintain any information from children under 13 years of age. Our site and services are not directed or marketed toward children, and they are not eligible to sign up for our services. If you are a parent or legal guardian and have discovered your child has provided us with their personal information without their consent, please contact us so that we may remove their information from our system.
15. International Transfer
16. Merger and Acquisition
In the event that Gather is involved in a bankruptcy, merger, acquisition, reorganization or sale of assets, your information may be sold or transferred as part of that transaction. Please be aware that once the information is transferred your privacy rights may change.
17. Amendments to Privacy Notice
If you have any questions or concerns regarding our privacy policies, please send us a detailed message by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to:
Gather Innovations, Inc.
350 N. Mitchell Street
Boise, ID 83704
We will make every effort to resolve your concerns.